Thursday, April 21, 2011

Boy's Bedroom Design

We are thinking/planning on moving all the boys into a room together sometime this summer. I also have been promising the boys for six months that we would paint their room. I thought it would fun to do a jungle theme since they have cute jungle pillowcases and their grandma is making them sort of jungle themed quilts. I also wanted to cut out a big tree in a MDF board, paint it and put it on their wall. On the branches there would be pegs and shelves for their hats and trophies. (Doesn't that sound cool?)

So today I was trying to layout the room and "design" it a bit. I have this:

(click to make larger)

The tree is going to be also inspired by these two pictures:

4 comments:

wileywoman said...

I think it's cool that you are designing a room for them...it will be so cool so see that tree! Are you going to put them in the room at the front of the house?

Brooke said...

I'm doing a jungle theme for our new baby's room! We'll have to swap ideas. I love your room layout. We just barely moved all three kids into one room over the weekend. It turned out pretty good! (I did a beach theme.) However, their room is MUCH smaller than yours. We just barely fit bunk beds, a twin bed, a dresser, and a bookcase. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sarbear said...

Karen - yeah at the front of the house. I don't know why I didn't do that before. The closet is so much better for them than the other bedroom.

Brooke - It sounds tight but workable. What beds did you end up getting? If they don't have drawers you can do under bed storage containers that don't have lids to sort of act as drawers or toy storage. I'm sure you are using every inch of space

Marie Bindrup said...

Yeah! Great plan! I think it will be so cute :) can't wait to see it- I guess my next trip up north will be when baby girl broadbent is born :)

 
The Joy of Being a Mom and of Being Me - Free Blogger Templates