Sunday, April 21, 2013

Isabella New Digs

A little while ago we decided that our rat Isabella's cage was too little and boring. So we set out to make a cage out of some wood left over from the bookcases and shelves I made for the boys bedroom.

We screwed the boards together and made a shelf and a divider with two holes for her to climb through then we bought some hardware "cloth" which is basically wire mesh and stapled it to the back and to the door that we made out of the basement railings that we took out  when we finished the basement.

Later I made a latter out of some balsa wood I had and we got some large PVC connectors and made a little play tunnel. She seems to enjoy it and the kids like to watch her play around in it.

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

Cool. Does anyone read blogspots? I noticed there haven't been many comments. Usually you have several.

Saimi said...

Isabella looks quite pleased with her remodel! A very clever take in cage building, I"m impressed!

Hope you don't mind me stopping over, I saw ya a Serene's place and thought I'd say HI!

Saimi
www.mydogarchie.blogspot.com

 
The Joy of Being a Mom and of Being Me - Free Blogger Templates