Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ships Ahoy!

This year it was Andrew's turn to have a friend birthday party. Thanks to some help from my mom with the pirate themed goodies and decorations it turned out great. Andrew invited a bunch of boys from his Kindergarten class and his cousin Matthew. A house full of 8 boys is a crazy house, let me tell you. I made a desert island cake complete with ocean. The kids each made an ocean in a bottle, they got a paper pirate hat if they didn't bring one, we fished over the side of the boat for fun surprises, played Cannon Ball Blast with black balloons, decorated cupcakes, and ate pizza.


One mishap was when I realized I didn't check to make sure I had candles, which I didn't. Some quick thinking and we ended up with 6 votive candles floating on the ocean.

For how fast this first 6 years went by, I won't be surprised when he turns 12 in a blink of an eye. One thing to look forward to when that happens - I'll have a free babysitter, YES!

2 comments:

Marie Bindrup said...

Whoaaaaa- slow down little missy- let's not age the poor boy- and us! Cute cake! You described it perfectly! Pirate them is always fun. You guys already had pirate stuff from Halloween, too! So fun- I wish we lived closer to one another so our kids could hang out more. See you on Friday though!

tricki_nicki said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by today - it's nice to know someone else's husband has TB issues too!

Adorable cake!

 
The Joy of Being a Mom and of Being Me - Free Blogger Templates