Monday, June 11, 2012

Do you want fries with that?

How do you get kids to eat vegetables? Bake them and call them Fries.

Like many people I like all things potato. Baked, boiled, mashed, fried etc.. But my kids won't eat them any way but as french fries. Along with potatoes we also had some zucchini, carrots just waiting for me to figure out a way to incorporate them into a meal.

Recently I pinned a recipe on pinterest that caught my eye.  Looks good, yes?
from: Voracious Vander
And this is yummy looking as well.

from: Naturally Ella
Add some rolls and fruit and we had ourselves a Fries Dinner. 

I knew the kids would eat the french fries, but I wasn't sure about the carrot and zucchini fries. We sat down to dinner and the boys were excited after KC told them we were going to have French fries, Canadian fries and American fries for dinner. We had to explain to them multiple time which ones were Canadian fries and which were American fries. (The carrots were Canadian and the zucchini were American.) We also had multiple dipping sauces that included fry sauce, ketchup, and ranch.

This morning they both told me that they wanted that dinner again. Isaac liked the Canadian and French fries. Andrew says he liked the American and French fries. Maybe I can actually get them to eat zucchini after all.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I have never done fries with carrots or zucchini before. Cute idea! The kids like regular and sweet potato oven fries. I should try this. Thanks!

 
The Joy of Being a Mom and of Being Me - Free Blogger Templates