Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

It was a beautiful day yesterday and we had a nice Father's Day as well. 

The other day I was at Wal-mart and I overheard an employee talking to another employee. She was saying how she decided that she was going to take pictures of her and her brother by some large letters near here and spell out DAD. For a while I thought I would use that same idea with the kids and then I thought it would be cuter, because they are so cute, to have them make the letters themselves. Good idea in theory. I really didn't think it would be that hard to get William to hold still for 30 seconds while I snapped a picture. And I thought Cara would love to be held by Isaac. Neither of them agreed. Finally I got Will to stay put-ish for a couple of shots and I had to take separate photos of Cara and photoshop her into the picture. Despite all that I think it turned out pretty good though.



For dinner I made KC this Curried Butternut Squash and Pear Soup. Yum, if you like curry that is. We got the boys to try it and they didn't hate it but it was a little strong for them.


KC picked out his present on amazon.com and we got a pasta maker/roller. So far we made wheat spaghetti noodles and I used the roller to roll out sheets of pasta and I cut them myself to make wheat lasagna noodles. I think they turned out pretty good for our first attempts.
Along with a nice long nap I think KC had a nice Father's Day. I hope he knows how much we love him and appreciate all that he does.  

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

SSSssOooooooo cute Sarah. I'm not so amazed you got pictures with William as I am that you got pictures of William WITH HIS EYES OPEN!
LOVE YOU LOTS! mom

 
The Joy of Being a Mom and of Being Me - Free Blogger Templates