Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Safely Gathered In

After getting quite a few gems from this oft-updated blog I just can't keep it from my friends and family any longer.

Safely Gathered In is a "Step by step guide to food storage and emergency preparedness." Awesome! I just had to share this after reading a post about making your own oven with a cardboard box. After my sister endured a week or so without electricity after Hurricane Ike I think it would be great to know how to do this so you can still bake in that situation. There are often great recipes for food storage/pantry food items. They also encourage their readers to work on 72-hour kits and on a 3-month supply. If you need a little help and motivation in this area or just want some great tips this blog is perfect.

I am looking forward tomorrow to a wheat bread recipe that looks yummy.

No comments:

 
The Joy of Being a Mom and of Being Me - Free Blogger Templates